The Search Committee of the Board of Directors as Esperanza Shelter for Battered Families is accepting candidates for the vital position of Executive Director.
- Program Administration to ensure client needs are met in an active 24/7 shelter for families involved in domestic violence
- Development of new programming
- Evaluation of ongoing needs assessment and client satisfaction
- Advocacy for domestic violence prevention and resolution, and agency activities
- Financial management including budgeting, accounting systems, and daily fiscal practices
- Facility management to ensure all locations are operated/ maintained effectively & efficiently
- Human Resource management
- Grant-writing and Fund-raising, and compliance with related obligations
- Community and Public Relations including networking with providers, law enforcement, judiciary, city, state and federal legislators, churches, business, schools, and professional and community groups
- Volunteer management and deployment for efficiency and use in agency coverage and public events
- Strategic planning leadership and execution
- Legislative advocacy and networking on local, state and national level
- Board relations and development
- Continuous quality improvement of all programs, processes and activities
- Other miscellaneous duties as required
- Skilled in issues of Domestic Violence, non-for-profit agencies, financial, budgeting and operational management, human resources, fundraising and grant-writing, community relations, advocacy, strategic planning, and Board relations
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Public Administration, Counseling, Psychology, Social Work, Women’s Studies or related field
- Five years of supervisory/administrative experience in a nonprofit setting
- Five years of strong financial management experience, preferably with nonprofits.
- Experience with facilities management of a 24/7 operation
- Excellent public speaker and community representative
- Strong computer skills
- Bilingual (Spanish/English) preferred.
If interested, please send a resume, cover letter and three recent professional references to:
Executive Director Search Committee, P O Box 5701, Santa Fe, NM, 87502
or online to email@example.com. EEOE.