-For questions or to have an application emailed to you please call 575-758-8082
JOB TITLE: Client Advocate
REPORTS TO: Client Services Director
HOURS: 40 hours per week (Some flexibility required: weekday & occasional weekend, overnight as needed.)
SALARY: $10-$13.50 per hour depending on experience
SCOPE OF POSITION: Provide crisis intervention, personal and legal advocacy, individual life skills coaching and peer counseling for shelter and non-shelter victims of domestic violence and sexual assault.
1. Assist in the provision of services to shelter clients, including but not limited to the following:
Daily education and goal setting sessions with shelter clients.
Provide crisis intervention, advocacy and follow-up with sheltered clients.
Provide legal consultation referrals and advocacy.
Provide individual life skills training and referrals to group life skills training.
Coordinate with all other CAV program components with referrals and case management of shelter clients, and make appropriate out-of-agency referrals to assist clients in obtaining permanent safe housing.
Assist shelter clients work through any problems they many encounter while residing at the CAV shelter.
2. Provide advocacy for clients living out of the shelter. This includes crisis intervention, personal, and legal advocacy and follow-up.
3. Provide victim counseling/advocacy for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault as needed or requested.
4. Responsible for assisting in the follow-up and closeout of clients not currently receiving services.
5. Provide legal advocacy necessary to assist clients in obtaining Protective Orders from the District Court and to assist clients in obtaining information regarding criminal cases in the Magistrate Court and District Court.
6. Provide client transportation as needed.
7. Participate in all staff meetings, client staffings, and in-service trainings.
8. To be fully knowledgeable and co-ordinate with other CAV program components in referrals and case management of clients.
9. Participate in training around legal issues to ensure ability to provide legal advocacy.
10. Attend community meetings, volunteer trainings, etc., as appropriate for client services.
11. Abide by confidentiality required by CAV, and its grantors.
12. Be available and cross-trained in other areas of CAV support service in the office and community as requested by Client Services Supervisor and/or Executive Director.
13. Responsible for serving as staff back up on hotline and taking primary shifts when needed.
14. Responsible for completing required paperwork and maintaining files on clients. This includes preparing necessary reports for Board and/or funding sources, as requested by the Client Services Supervisor and/or Executive Director.
15. Other responsibilities as assigned by Client Services Supervisor or by the Executive Director.
Skills/Experience needed for this position:
Ability to work in crisis situations (management & intervention).
Ability to work in a team setting and providing support and information to peers.
Excellent Bi-lingual (English-Spanish) and Bi-cultural communication skills
Ability to maintain and complete, on a timely basis, all client paperwork required.
Ability to practice, or knowledge and experience in the use of conflict resolution.
Bilingual (English-Spanish) and Bi-cultural required. Experience working with multi-cultural population preferred.
Experience (paid or volunteer) in related kinds of activities, or willingness to be trained.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: High school diploma/GED and any combination of education and training with the target population or two (2) years relevant experience in a human service related field. Must have 40 hours provider specific training at the outset of their jobs on topics essential to working with survivors of domestic violence, children who are survivors/ witnesses of domestic violence and offenders and crisis intervention. Have a minimum of 20 hours continuing education training, annually, of NMCADV, VOCA, or VAWA and agency training related to target population. Must be 21 years of age or older.
Additional Qualifications Preferred: Spanish and English Bilingual; Previous experience in providing advocacy to victims of sexual assault or domestic violence.
JOB TITLE: Pro-Bono/Low-Bono Attorney
REPORTS TO: Client Services Supervisor
HOURS: Part-time, hours vary
SALARY: Depending on experience
SCOPE OF POSITION: Provide legal responses to the needs of battered women and their children, which will enhance protection and safety of victims and hold abusers accountable.
• Provide quality legal representation for victims of domestic violence to increase protection and safety of battered women and their children.
• Promote pro bono legal services for battered women.
• Develop and maintain legal representation case and tracking system.
• Develop and maintain a system for case consideration and necessary
materials for easy use by CAV client staff and victims of domestic violence (e.g., guidelines, timelines, processes, applications or processes notification of selection or rejection etc.)
• Summarize results of case review and selection/rejection outcomes on a quarterly basis.
• Develop and maintain reporting formats, schedules, and records on cases carried and provide annual evaluation and summary of direct legal services outcome and impact, as required by agency and grantors.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Client Services Director or by the Executive Director.
• Responsible for completing required paperwork and maintaining files on clients. This
includes preparing necessary reports as requested by the Client Services Director or
• Abide by the confidentiality of CAV with regards to clients and work.
A minimum of a Doctor of Law from an accredited law school and licensed to practice law in New Mexico or provisions deemed appropriate by the Supreme Court of New Mexico. Malpractice insurance coverage.
Equal Opportunity Employer
FT CAV Thrift Store Manager
JOB TITLE: CAV Thrift Store Manager
REPORTS TO: HR/Operations Manager
HOURS: 40 Hours per week
SALARY: $11 to $15 depending on experience
SCOPE OF WORK: The Manager will act in a leadership capacity and will be responsible for the operation of the Thrift Store with the help of employees and volunteers recruited and maintained by the Manager. As a management team, the Manager and Assistant Manager will be seeing to the smooth and efficient running of the store; always striving to increase income from the store, supporting staff and volunteers, updating and implementing policy, and monitoring the provision of excellent customer service.
Responsible for the smooth and efficient operation of the Thrift Store.
Work on increasing the income for the Thrift Store.
Oversee the sales on E-Bay and Craig’s List along with other venues.
Supervise all staff including volunteers and community service individuals.
Meet with the HR/Operations Manager at least once a week to discuss the operation of the store.
Meet with HR/Operations Manger monthly to review Thrift Store Monthly Financials.
Prepare the end of month report to be turned in the first of the month to the HR/Operations Manager to be submitted in Board of Directors report along with sales charts.
Turn in end-of-day reconciliation documentation to HR/Operations Manager.
Take end of day deposit to the night drop deposit box at Peoples Bank.
Maintain volunteer logs to be turned into the Community Relations/Volunteer Coordinator on the first of each month.
Turn in donation receipts to the Administrative Assistant to be entered into Fundraising Jr.
Turn in donation log of donations made through the cash register.
Submit all volunteer and community service applications to HR/Operations Manager for clearance.
Represent the agency and CAV Thrift Store in a professional “spokesperson” capacity.
Be an activist in searching out positive, constructive solutions to problems occurring within and outside of the Thrift Store and agency.
Be responsible for keeping the public aware of store hours, sales, and work with the CAV Community Relations/Volunteer Coordinator in keeping the store in the public eye through PSA’s on the local radio station, newspaper ads and articles, etc. which are submitted in writing to the Community Relations/Volunteer Coordinator for distribution and publication.
Work in collaboration with Amber Taylor, CAV Counseling Coordinator on Thrift Store maintenance issues/problems.
Provide for and facilitate ongoing communication to ensure current information on: agency events, policy changes, staffs’ vacation schedules, thrift store needs, challenges and successes and serve as a liaison and support person between the thrift store staff and administrative staff.
Provide for adequate staff recognition and support.
Arrange for adequate time for individual and group staff support and supervision.
Provide guidance and expertise, when needed in dealing with customer situations while encouraging staff development and leadership in appropriate areas.
Assist staff to follow appropriate communication channels and to work through any personal problems that may occur with them (Build a safety net where staff can discuss problems in a positive and productive manner.)
Supervise all staff including volunteers and community service individuals.
Provide annual employee evaluations to strive for consistency, fairness, and clarity in all Thrift Store and personnel expectations for all staff with the help of the HR/Operations Manager.
To model and focus on the mission of the Thrift Store goals at all times.
Provide orientation to new staff, volunteers and community service volunteers.
Recruit, train, schedule and maintain store volunteers and community service volunteers.
Accept donations, sort through all, separating good merchandise to be priced and set out for sale.
Fill out in-kind receipts for donations and keep track of donations daily.
Distribute in-kind receipts for donors and keep track of all donations.
Display and price all merchandise to be sold in the store.
Maintain the store neat, clean, attractive, and organized with the help of staff and volunteers.
Provide victim counseling/advocacy for victims of domestic violence or sexual assault as needed or requested.
Keep abreast new and innovate merchandising and display ideas.
Excellent communication, customer service and computer skills.
Attend monthly staff meetings.
Actively participate in fundraising for CAV.
Participating in Volunteer and all CAV trainings.
Abide by confidentiality required by CAV.
Be cross-trained in other areas of CAV support services.
Other responsibilities as assigned by HR/Operations Manager and/or Executive Director.
Be available to assist in other support services in the office and community as requested by the HR/Operations Manager or Executive Director.
High School Diploma/GED plus five (5) years retail experience. Forty hours provider specific training at the outset of the job on topics essential to working with survivors of domestic violence, children who are survivors/witnesses of domestic violence and offenders and crisis intervention. A minimum of 20 hours continuing education training, annually, of relevant training may include NMCADV, CSVANW, VOCA, or VAWA training