It is the responsibility of every ODVN employee to uphold the mission and purpose of this agency. The Ohio Domestic Violence Network advances the principle that all people have the right to an oppression-free and violence-free life; fosters change in our economic, social and political systems and brings leadership expertise and best practices to community programs.
In addition, it is the expectation that all staff will communicate ethically and engage in providing excellent customer service. It is also an expectation that on the individual level all staff members will work to further their personal capacity to foster an environment of cultural inclusivity and sensitivity that is the foundation for all our work.
This job description defines areas for which an individual has primary responsibility and is not intended to limit the scope of the job in any way.
• Provide and coordinate intensive regional trainings of the ODVN Training Institute, including the fundamentals of domestic violence advocacy, justice systems advocacy, as well as advanced topics in these areas.
• Provide and coordinate a variety of local, regional, and statewide trainings on domestic violence and related topics for domestic violence program staff, volunteers, and other allied professionals. This requires the staff to respond to training requests, revise and/or develop curriculum and prepare training materials, create informational brochures, and liaison with the sponsoring agency.
• Provide technical assistance and consultation with local domestic violence service providers and allied professionals throughout Ohio. Technical assistance includes onsite support as well as telephone consultation, and research and provision of resource materials.
• Attend meetings of ODVN caucuses, task forces and/or committees as requested.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Training and Technical Assistance Director.
• Must have a minimum of three years experience in the field of domestic/sexual violence.
• Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
• Previous experience in training on domestic violence subject matter.
• Previous experience in facilitating interactive trainings utilizing adult learning principles.
• Previous experience in meeting facilitation.
• Previous experience in curriculum development.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast paced environment.
• Microsoft Office proficiency preferred.
• Experience in webinar development preferred.
• Valid driver’s license, access to own transportation, willingness and ability to travel statewide frequently, some national travel.
Salary and Benefits:
ODVN offers a competitive salary, medical benefits, retirement plan and generous personal leave benefits.
We encourage applicants from diverse groups to apply including, but not limited to African-American, Latina/o, Native American, Asian/Pacific Islander, and LGBTQ persons. We also welcome applicants from different national origins, religions, ages, & ability status.
Those individuals interested in the position should submit a cover letter and resume by January 24, 2014 to:
Ohio Domestic Violence Network
4807 Evanswood Drive, Suite 201
Columbus, OH 43229
No telephone inquiries please.