Esperanza Shelter for Battered Families, Inc.
Job Title: Residential Services Supervisor
Program: Residential Shelter
Reports To: Executive Director
Hours: 40 Hours a week; benefits available
Description: The Residential Services Coordinator of Esperanza is responsible for working
collaboratively with the Executive Director, the Non-Residential Supervisor and agency staff to develop, maintain and oversee the residential services provided by the agency, ensuring high quality, effective and comprehensive service delivery to survivors of domestic violence who seek refuge at the emergency residential facility.
Requirements: Master’s Degree preferred, New Mexico Licensure as LMSW, LMHC; LPCC, LISW preferred; 3 years supervisory experience, with 2 years direct services in a therapeutic domestic violence setting and/or two years experience in a residential setting; strong crisis intervention skills; multi-cultural training; bilingual (English/Spanish) preferred. Satisfactory clearance of criminal records check. Ability to adhere to strict standards of confidentiality. Valid driver’s license.
Responsibilities and Duties:
The Residential Services Supervisor of Esperanza is responsible for working with the Executive Director and the Non-Residential Supervisor to develop, maintain and oversee the residential services provided by the agency, ensuring high quality, effective and comprehensive service delivery, including but not limited to:
- Implementing and supervising appropriate programmatic, counseling and case management activities and the delivery of comprehensive client services. The Residential Services Supervisor oversees the development of all individual and group direct services provided to the diverse residential client population of Esperanza.
- Supervising all residential staff, ensuring that case advocates and residential support staff comply with agency caseload requirements and meet or exceed state, federal or agency standards for file maintenance. This includes but is not limited to; reviewing all intake, assessment, service and discharge plans and client follow-up services.
- The Residential Services Supervisor is responsible for residential staff evaluations and works with the Executive Director to determine overall employee performance. Together with the shelter counselors and advocates, the Residential Services Supervisor is responsible for developing, implementing and maintaining an effective life skills and education curriculum for the residential program.
- Identifying, developing and maintaining relationships with appropriate service agencies in the community, which will enhance overall service delivery to the residential clients. Including but not limited to; substance abuse care and treatment, health care, sexual assault, children’s services and mental health care and diagnosis.
- Together with the residential staff and the Executive Director, the Residential Services Supervisor identifies appropriate and needed training for residential staff that enhances their understanding of domestic violence and increases their skill levels. The Residential Services Supervisor coordinates and is available to present in-service trainings to staff.
- Training staff in personnel policies and procedures, emphasizing staff comfort and safety regarding any problematic issues of client services, client behaviors or staff skill level; has effective human resource and management skills.
- Oversees the development, implementation and maintenance of data for measuring service delivery outcomes, program effectiveness and follow-up for the client population. The Residential Services Supervisor works with the Executive Director and other staff responsible for data entry to see that data collection and analysis is accurate and that the agency’s technical systems meet the needs of the residential services program. The Residential Services Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that reports and data that enhance the agency’s fund-raising efforts, community education and proposal writing are submitted in a timely and thorough manner.
- Ensures that shelter facility is a safe and protected environment. This includes attaining timely and cost effective repairs, general maintenance and security systems for buildings and vehicles as needed.
- Working together with the Executive Director and the Support Center to identify budgetary needs for residential services and programs.
- Attend all relevant agency staff meetings.
- May be required to represent and speak on behalf of the agency at public/community events.
- Other duties as needed and requested by the Executive Director.
If interested, please submit resume, cover letter and three professional references to:
Executive Director, PO Box 5701, Santa Fe, NM 87502 (open until filled).