Director of Finance and Administration
Founded in 2000, Enlace Comunitario is a social justice organization whose mission is to work to eliminate domestic violence in the Latino immigrant community and to promote healthy families through comprehensive domestic violence intervention services in Spanish, preventative community education, policy advocacy and leadership development. For more information visit: http://www.enlacenm.org/
The Director of Finance and Administration will be a strategic thought-partner, and report to the executive director (ED). The successful candidate will be a hands-on and participative manager and will lead and develop an internal team to support the following areas: finance, business planning and budgeting, human resources and administration.
The Director of Finance and Administration will play a critical role in partnering with the senior leadership team in strategic decision making and operations as Enlace Comunitario continues to enhance its quality programming and build capacity. This is a tremendous opportunity for a finance and operations leader to maximize and strengthen the internal capacity of a well-respected, high-impact organization.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program and grants accounting.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Oversee and lead annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED; administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress and changes and keep senior leadership team abreast of the organization’s financial status.
- Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
Human Resources and Administration
- Develop Enlace Comunitario’s human resources and administration, enhancing professional development, compensation and benefits, performance evaluation, training and recruiting.
- Ensure that recruiting processes are consistent and streamlined.
- Establish and manage a comprehensive training program to educate employees regarding staff tools, policies and procedures.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities administration to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization grows.
- Provide financial management for federal, state and local grants and contracts.
- Minimum of a B.A., ideally with an MBA/CPA or related degree
- At least 7-10 years of overall professional experience; ideally 6+ years of broad financial and operations management experience including significant non-profit accounting experience.
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- A track record in grants management
- Knowledge and ability to train others in accounting and reporting software
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, transparency and dedication to the mission of Enlace Comunitario and a commitment to social justice issues such as immigrant rights and the prevention of domestic violence.
- Bilingual or Spanish fluency preferred.
Employment Screening and Compliance
Individual will be subject to a CYFD background check
Employee must have and maintain a clean driving record
If position requires travel by motor vehicle, the employee must maintain a valid driver’s license and current insurance.
For any additional questions or to apply, fax resume and cover letter to 505-246-8973 or email it to email@example.com.