Job Description: Clinical Supervisor or Clinical Director (depending on experience)
Reports to: Director of Intervention Services (if supervisor) to the Executive Director (if director)
Supervises: Counselors, Interns, relevant staff
Status: Exempt/Full Time
Directs and Supervise Enlace Comunitario counselors and therapists, provides a range of psychological assessment, diagnostic, therapeutic, and/or case management services for children, women, groups, and/or families, as appropriate to the specific expectations of the position. Serves as part of Enlace Comunitario’s senior leadership team and provides leadership to case management department and the counseling department. May provide practical training and guidance to students and/or paraprofessional staff, as required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provides counseling, therapy, and/or psychotherapy to children, women and families as appropriate to the position; prepares treatment plans, discharge plans, and follow-up care programs; provides therapeutic crisis intervention and emergency services as required.
- Lead weekly clinical staffing and supervision with clinical staff including therapists and lead case manager.
- Provide Individual Supervision on a bi-weekly basis with each therapist.
- Manage EC clinical training budget. Keeps track of clinical staff’s training and ensures staff completes required annual training hours.
- Collects data about clients as required.
- Provides casework management of a specialized caseload, as appropriate to the requirements of the individual position; performs research and case assessments; prepares individualized studies for admission, placement, and /or discharge, as applicable.
- Reviews and signs off on assessments.
- Completes clinical supervisory reviews of clinical files every three months.
- Provides and/or arranges for therapeutic interventions as appropriate for children or women in a crisis condition and for those with serious disturbance problems.
- Follows up to determine reliability and validity of treatment used; makes recommendations regarding modification to services and service delivery.
- Consults with other legal and treatment agencies and individuals in relation to patient/client records, rights, and responsibilities.
- Consults with other therapists and related professional and paraprofessional staff, as appropriate, in the performance of therapeutic and/or casework; refers clients to appropriate service agencies as required.
- Participates in the review of clinical issues and program policies and procedures.
- Coordinates training sessions/workshops for clinical team as well as for all staff to enhance service delivery.
- Documents all client encounters and contacts made on behalf of clients.
- May lead paraprofessionals in performance of clinical duties.
- Serves as program manager for assigned grants and contracts, and as such writes required program reports.
- Participates in agency planning and organizational development;
- Assists with data gathering, research, and grant writing for relevant grants.
- Other duties as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities outlined above do not comprise a comprehensive list but are intended to provide a representation of the general nature and level of work performed by an employee in this capacity. Enlace Comunitario maintains the right to augment or delete duties and responsibilities as the needs of the agency dictate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Note: A person is not required to disclose information about mental or physical limitations that may potentially interfere with work performance. However, a reasonable accommodation is only possible if the employer is notified of modifications that may be necessary allowing an incumbent to adequately perform the duties of the position. The following characteristics are essential to the performance of this position.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical social work and mental health counseling principles, methods, procedures, and standards.
- Interviewing and psychological evaluation skills.
- Knowledge of psychological test administration, scoring, and interpretation.
- Knowledge of case management.
- Ability to apply mental health counseling methods and techniques. Knowledge of crisis intervention techniques.
- Ability to maintain emotional stability to cope with human suffering, emergencies, and other stresses.
- Ability to evaluate the progress of therapeutic programs and to make individual modifications.
- Knowledge of legal and ethical issues related to patients’ rights.
- Knowledge of community mental health resources.
- Knowledge of clinical operations and procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of clinical counseling principles, programs and methodology.
- Familiarity with Nurtured Heart, Circle of Security or similar approaches to therapy for children who have experienced trauma or witnessed child abuse.
- Understanding and/or training in trauma-informed therapeutic practices, supervision and agency operations.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and methodology.
- Ability to develop and present educational programs and/or workshops.
- Experience in provision of direct therapeutic mental health services and treatment planning as part of a therapeutic services team of professional and /or paraprofessional staff.
- Crisis intervention and provision of emergency services.
- Patient psychosocial evaluation and testing experience.
- Ability to determine appropriate therapeutic approaches of referral of patients in consultation with other professionals.
- Ability to conduct training on life skills and parenting for parents and children.
- Ability to participate in the delivery of professional training sessions and workshops.
- Strong research skills.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills in both English and Spanish.
- Must demonstrate a commitment to social justice issues, such as immigrants’ rights and the prevention of domestic violence
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Masters Degree in Counseling, Social Work, or Directly Related Field. Minimum 3 years counseling experience and must be independently licensed. Prior supervision experience preferred, the level of supervisory experience will determine whether title is supervisor or director. Bilingual communication skills required. Current LISW or LPCC required.
EMPLOYMENT SCREENING AND COMPLIANCE
- Individual will be subject to a CYFD background check.
- Employee must comply with all operational policies, especially those involving the safety of fellow workers, volunteers, and clients/customers.
- Employee must maintain a current and valid driver’s license to perform work duties if position requires activities that require travel by motor vehicle.
- Employee must have and maintain a clean driving record.
ENVIRONMENTAL WORK CONDITIONS
- Most essential duties are performed in an office environment with exposure to a variety of business equipment and other pertinent materials normally found in this type of work setting.
- Work is normally performed in an area permitting partial-to-total privacy.
- The work requires some travel to other locations throughout the city, state, and country.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. For best consideration, apply by August 20, 2015. Position will remain open until filled