Date: June 7-8, 2013
Location: Portland, OR
Registration and More Info
The Conference is designed for attorneys, advocates, and other victim service professionals to learn the practical skills necessary to provide effective services to survivors. Every year the Conference features a large number of sessions dedicated to addressing the specific needs of survivors of domestic, sexual violence, and stalking taught by leading experts in the field.
The 2013 Conference is themed Constructing Justice: Making Victims’ Rights a Reality, urging us to develop, implement, and share best practices that will achieve justice for victims. Concrete tools ensure that victims’ rights become more than mere words on paper.
Breakout session topics dedicated to violence against women will include:
- Analyzing the Psychological Impact of the Legal System’s Response to Rape Survivors on the Survivors
Rebecca Campbell, Ph.D., Michigan State University
- Trauma and Vicarious Trauma: What Practitioners Need to Know
Dr. Christopher Wilson, Psy.D.
- Intersections of Identity Theft and Violent Crime: Collaborative Responses for Victims When ID Theft is Used as a Weapon to Perpetrate Sexual Assault, Stalking, and Intimate Partner Violence
Bridgette Harwood, J.D., Co–Executive Director, Criminal Legal Services
Nikki Charles, M.A., Co–Executive Director, Therapeutic and Victim Advocacy, Network for Victim Recovery of D.C.
- A Complex and Compassionate Response: The Role of Victim/Witness Assistance Centers in Responding to Violence Against Women in California
Heather Warnken, J.D., LL.M., Legal Policy Associate at the Warren Institute on Law& Social Policy, The University of California, Berkeley School of Law
- · Rape Shield: Holes in the Armor?
Ali Wilkinson, J.D., NCVLI Staff Attorney
- Applying Crime Victim Law to Strategic Advantage in Human Trafficking Cases
Marianna Warmee, J.D., Federal Administrative Judge, Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, San Francisco District Office
Questions about the Conference? Please contact NCVLI at email@example.com or 503-768-6819.