For: State & Territory domestic violence & sexual assault coalitions, victim advocates, attorneys, law enforcement, prosecutors, community corrections, and other professionals
Tech Summit Description
For the first time ever, the National Network to End Domestic Violence’s (NNEDV) Safety Net project is opening up their annual national technology conference to victim advocates, service providers, attorneys, law enforcement, community corrections, and other professionals working with survivors on technology safety issues.
This unique training opportunity will focus on the various complex issues and concerns that come from the intersection of technology and domestic & sexual violence, stalking, and trafficking. Participants will be given the information and tools needed to respond to technology misuse, to enhance services for survivors of violence, and hold offenders accountable.
Some of the topics will include:
· Understanding how abusers and perpetrators misuse technology.
· Safety planning with survivors around stalking, technology misuse, and online privacy.
· Learning the latest in app development and safety.
· Collecting and documenting evidence of technology abuse, including mobile phone seizure and forensics.
· Addressing technology in civil protection orders.
· Understanding data sharing and victim confidentiality.
· What is the cloud and what data can my agency store in it?
· How agencies can use technology effectively to enhance their work.
· Investigating and prosecuting technology crimes.
· Understanding assistive technologies for survivors with disabilities.
· Mobile Phone Seizure Certification for law enforcement professionals.
· Much more.
Faculty includes the Safety Net Team, national experts on technology and confidentiality, technologists and representatives from technology companies, and leaders in law enforcement and the legal field.
Tech Summit Registration
If you are a member of NNEDV, please contact us for the discount code.
Cost for attending
The registration fee includes access to all training sessions, receptions, and related events, as well as continental breakfast, lunch, and morning and afternoon breaks (does not include dinner).
Early Bird (before June 15, 2013)
NNEDV Member: $250
Non-NNEDV Member: $350
Standard Registration (after June 15, 2013)
NNEDV Member: $350
Non-NNEDV Member: $450
We are in the process of seeking OVW approval to allow grantees to use their travel funds to attend this training opportunity. We are also submitting applications to allow attendees to receive CEU and MCLE credits.
The Tech Summit will be held at the Dolce Hayes Convention Center in San Jose, CA. You must reserve your own hotel room at the link below. We will not be responsible for reserving hotel rooms. The hotel rate is $121, plus sales tax (14%) and an HBID assessment of $0.75 per room, per night. Note that the deadline for making your hotel reservations is July 15, 2013. The room rate will not be available after that date. *Note: Please make sure to register for the conference before making your hotel reservation.