October 3-4, 2012
8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Farmington Civic Center
200 W. Arrington, Farmington, NM
Download this form to register:
Sergeant Paul Szych has been in law enforcement for 20 years, specializing in high-lethality domestic violence (DV) and stalking cases since 2005. Sgt. Szych is a nationally recognized speaker, instructor and author of "Dynamic Stalking Intervention".
Patti Powers, J.D., is a Senior Deputy Prosecuting Attorney for Yakima County, WA. For fifteen years, she has prosecuted crimes against children, child and adult sexual assault, child and adult homicide and domestic violence in addition to other felonies. She has tried over 150+ felony jury trials. Ms. Powers is recognized nationally as an expert in the areas of sexual assault and domestic violence trial advocacy.
Bryce Pittenger is a leading member of the NM task force that created standards for the assessment and treatment of youth who have caused sexual harm, standards approved by the Sex Offender Management Board and the NM Sentencing Commission. Pittenger currently serves as the clinical director for Bernalillo County programs.
Additional presentations by State and Local authorities. Topics to include:
Trends in San Juan County, Reproductive Coercion, Teen Dating Violence in Schools, Cyber Stalking, Kids as Abusers, LGBTQ and the barriers to services, and many more!
BRYCE PITTENGER, MA, LPCC
- An Overview of Trauma Informed Perspective
- Assessing and Treating Youth With Sexual Behavior Problems
SERGEANT PAUL SZYCH
- Cyber Stalking High Lethality Offender Mitigation
PATTI POWERS, J.D.
- Trial of a Sexual Assault Case: Turning Tough Issues Into Gold at Trial Overcoming the Consent Defense in Sexual Assault Cases
- Exposing the Predator: Alcohol Facilitated Sexual Assault
- Prosecution of Drug Facilitated Sexual Assault
- Interview of Victim: Victimization and Forensic and Psychological Evidence
JORDAN JOHNSON, MSW
- Creating Inclusive LGBTQ Spaces
KARI MEREDITH, NM ATTORNEY GENERAL’S OFFICE
- Teen Reproductive Coercion and Birth Control Sabotage
RON PAQUIN, JUVENILE DETECTIVE/SCHOOL RESOURCE OFFICER
- Teen Dating Violence in the Schools
DAREN SIMEONA, CRIMINAL INVESTIGATOR
- Trends on the Reservation
KEN CHRISTESEN, SAN JUAN COUNTY SHERIFF
- Community Trends in DV & SA
Conference Planning Partners: Farmington Police Department, Family Crisis Center, Sexual Assault Services of Northwest New Mexico, Desert View Family Counseling, San Juan County Domestic Violence/Sexual Assault Task Force
For more information contact Amber:
email@example.com or 505-325-3549